LINUX night at Quelab Tue 3/13
Aaron Birenboim
2012-03-07 17:22:20 UTC
Next LINUX night at Quelab Tuesday, March 13, 7:PM
1112 2nd St. Go North on 2nd (one way) from Lomas.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fquelab.net%2Fwordpress%2F1317%2Flinux-night%2F&h=ZAQGQqrvgAQEVPydSWuNXoeH-uYmLZKZ5fmNgoDuC_L_usQ

http://www.meetup.com/Hacker-and-Maker-community-group/events/53449872/

Suggested donation $5 to support the space.

Should we pursue some sort of joint effort for LINUX night with NMLUG or
NMOSUG?

I am on the Quelab board, and I would support an effort to re-start
regular NMLUG or NMOSUG meetings, for free at Quelab, on a less active
evening.
(Mon, Wed, or Thurs). Donations would be appreciated, but there is
precedent for Quelab hosting meetings of non-profits without fee.

aaron
Ed Heron

Aaron Birenboim
2012-03-07 18:16:19 UTC
Post by Ed Heron
Sounds like fun!
Should we bring snacks and refreshments?
You can. Several places deliver.
Quelab always has soda, coffee and tea available.
Marble Brewery is 1 block away, and Quelab keeps growlers
around for people to go pick up a 1/2 gallon.

aaron
Pete Zaitcev
2012-03-07 20:43:35 UTC
I just deduced http://quelab.net/wordpress/1317/linux-night/ :-)
Post by Aaron Birenboim
Should we pursue some sort of joint effort for LINUX night with NMLUG or
NMOSUG?
Depending how many people show up and how well it works out for
the host and for us.
Post by Aaron Birenboim
Suggested donation $5 to support the space.
Sure!

I was kinda thinking if I should present OpenStack at a meeting.
Last time we talked cloud at ABQLUG, not many people were
interested or renting actual cloud services - not even myself.
But it was two years ago. I have one now.

-- Pete
Ed Heron
2012-03-07 20:56:49 UTC
Post by Aaron Birenboim
Suggested donation $5 to support the space.
Sure!
I was kinda thinking if I should present OpenStack at a meeting.
Last time we talked cloud at ABQLUG, not many people were
interested or renting actual cloud services - not even myself.
But it was two years ago. I have one now.
-- Pete
You are using OpenStack? I use XEN on CentOS 5 with integrated
storage and DRBD to do my virtualizing, but that's not the same as a
private 'cloud'. Looking at the OpenStack docs, I can't seem to find a
good place to begin. Oops, I don't want to hijack Aaron's thread...
Aaron Birenboim
2012-03-08 15:12:51 UTC
Post by Pete Zaitcev
I was kinda thinking if I should present OpenStack at a meeting.
Last time we talked cloud at ABQLUG...
AARGH! They started yet another ABQ area LUG that I totally missed?

Are they still alive?
I'd rather join forces rather than form yet another group
with goals similar to NMOSUG, NMLUG ...or... ABQLUG?
Interested in partnership with Quelab?

Quelab is NOT a LINUX/OSS organization, but strangely enough,
since it is about making, all members prefer open platforms,
and about 80% use LINUX as their preferred desktop, and
Android for phones and tablets.

aaron
Pete Zaitcev
2012-03-09 02:49:36 UTC
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 08:12:51 -0700
Post by Aaron Birenboim
AARGH! They started yet another ABQ area LUG that I totally missed?
Are they still alive?
No. The ABQLUG was shut down in February of 2010 when its leader
moved to Arizona. The remainer of the core used to gather at
McDonalds at Osuna every Saturday morning for a while, not sure
about now.

-- Pete
nick pitlosh
Scarlett Clark
2012-03-09 22:23:36 UTC
ooooh, Linux... I have searched far and wide for fellow ABQ linux users,
and found very few. So I get my fix on G+. Should the forces of work not
prevent me from attending this fabulous night, I will be there with bells
on.
~does the happy dance~
[?]
Scarlett Clark