Email archives & anybody want to do a keysigning party?
Kevin Rosenberg
2010-09-15 23:42:23 UTC
Helo NMLUGers,

I recently moved the NMLUG web site to new hardware and updated the searchable email
archives. There are online at http://www.nmlug.org/maillist/

Also, the Debian Project recently recommended that its developers migrate from
PGP/GPG 1024-bit DSA keys to 4096-RSA keys. So, I created a new key 4096R key and I'd like
to exchange signatures with it. For the new key to be accepted into Debian, I need
to have two Debian developers sign the new key.

While I've been a Debian Developer for almost 9 years, to get my new, stronger key
in the keyring requires those two Debian developer signatures. So, if you are a
Debian developer (or know one of them well such that we can exchange identify
verification with you as an intermediary), I'd really appreciate such help.

I'll sign people's keys with both my current 1024D key and my new 4096R key.
The 1024D key is cool because it is signed by about 30 people, including
Richard Stallman.

Maybe we could arrange a NMLUG meeting / key signing party at SWCP in the next few weeks.

Please post if you are interested and what times work for you. Please especially
send email if you can help me get a Debian developer signature on my new GPG key.

Best,

Kevin
Wesley J. Landaker
2010-10-01 14:54:30 UTC
Post by Kevin Rosenberg
I recently moved the NMLUG web site to new hardware and updated the
searchable email archives. There are online at
http://www.nmlug.org/maillist/
Also, the Debian Project recently recommended that its developers migrate
from PGP/GPG 1024-bit DSA keys to 4096-RSA keys. So, I created a new key
4096R key and I'd like to exchange signatures with it. For the new key
to be accepted into Debian, I need to have two Debian developers sign
the new key.
Hey Kevin,

I'm a Debian Developer here in Albuquerque. I'd be interested in doing this
as well. Although, as I don't travel that much, you're actually the only DD
that's signed my current key. (Maybe I'll make it to debconf some year and
get a zillion.)

Have you got any other takers so far?
Kevin Rosenberg
2010-10-01 19:33:05 UTC
Post by Wesley J. Landaker
I'm a Debian Developer here in Albuquerque. I'd be interested in doing this
as well. Although, as I don't travel that much, you're actually the only DD
that's signed my current key. (Maybe I'll make it to debconf some year and
get a zillion.)
Hi Wesley,

Nice to hear from you again. No, no other takers yet for a meeting.
Perhaps your letter will inspire some others to let us know of
their interest in a meeting.

Regards,

Kevin
Kevin Rosenberg
2010-10-02 17:37:40 UTC
Maybe if people saw any value from keysigning.
-- Pete
That's probably my fault for conflating the ideas of a
NMLUG meeting and a keysigning party. The main portion
of the meeting would be related to generic NMLUG issues.
Key signing would be done by interested folks in the last
part of the meeting.

As far as value, it's main value for me is that people can
trust that it was me who signed the packages that I upload to
Debian and also have available for downloading on my open-source
packages archive.

Kevin